Become a NASN MASTER Sports Nutritionist
- International Seminars
One-on-one Distance Learning Program
|Choose From 2 Tracks!|
|1. Attend a Seminar: 8 student minimum to hold|
|2. One-to-one self paced instruction with our licensed Instructors
1. A baccalaureate degree in nutrition or equivalent science/health degree and a score of 90% or better on the Primary Sports Nutritionist Board exam or two year experience as an NASN licensed sports nutritionist and certified health professional directly involved in nutritional counseling, health promotion or healthcare. If you do not have a baccalaureate degree but have significant achievements or experience relevant to the sports nutrition field and have demonstrated proficiency equal to or better than those who have a degree, you may apply for an Honorary Master Sports Nutrition License. Honorary Certificates are granted to those who deserve the recognition but do not have the specific formal education requirements. Honorary certificates are granted after a rigourous individual review. To apply for consideration for an Honorary Master Sports Nutrition License, please call 858-694-0317 or email NASNreviewboard@nasnutrition.com.
2. An advanced professional degree in a healthcare field that incorporates a four year degree with sufficient science and nutrition hours and a score of 90% or better on the Primary Sports Nutritionist Board exam or one year experience as an NASN licensed sports nutritionist and certified health professional directly involved in nutritional counseling, health promotion or healthcare.
“I have talked with some colleagues and they are gratefully impressed (as are my patients) about this new approach that is based on scientific information and [providing] dietary and exercise plans based on the particular problems of each patient. I have told them, ‘We have always given repose, but never exercise’.” Juan A. Alvarez Dunzelmann, MD, Licensed Master Sports Nutritionist.
NASN Licensed Master Sports NutritionistsSM are Proficient in:
1. BODY COMPOSITION TESTING
2. METABOLIC EVALUATION
3. MENU DEVELOPMENT
4. EXERCISE METABOLISM
5. DEVELOPING PROGRAMS AROUND MEDICAL DISORDERS
6. SPORTS NUTRITION MANAGEMENT
Candidates should be familiar with:
- personnel management
- structure & function of muscles
- muscle groups
- joint actions
- appropriate exercise selection
- cardiovascular fitness tests
- muscular strength and endurance tests
- flexibility and low back strength evaluation
- blood pressure
- pharmaceutical ramifications
- developing programs based on evaluation
Master Sports Nutritionist Curriculum Includes:
New 2nd Edition text.
- Introduction to Nutrition for Exercise and Health
- Carbohydrates As a Fuel for Exercise
- Fat as a Fuel for Exercise
- Protein and Exercise
- Energy and Nutrient Balance
- Achieving Healthy Body Weight
- Body Composition
- Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- B-Complex Vitamins Important in Energy Metabolism
- Antioxidant Nutrients
- Minerals and Exercise
- Micronutrients Important in Blood Formation
- Nutrients for Bone health
- Nutrition and Fitness Assessment
- Nutrition and the Active Female
- Ergogenic Substances: Evaluating Sports Nutrition Products.
This course is for upper-undergraduate or graduate students in nutrition, exercise physiology, and kinesiology programs. Reference for fitness professionals, dietitians, health fitness specialists, and sports medicine specialists.
One thought on “Master Sports Nutritionist”
Love it. I have been looking for something like this. The NASN Master Sports Nutrition License is the most respected in the industry. It will give me the credibility I need to rise above my competition.