Lesson 1 Chapter 1
Good luck in your studies to become recognized as one of the world’s best!! This recognition is limited to only candidates who qualify as National Association Sports Nutritionists. Because of your initial qualifications in nutrition and fitness, you have been granted admission to the NASN Primary Sports Nutrition Board Exam. The National Association of Sports Nutrition Licenses Sports Nutritionists to those in the community who provide exemplary service promoting nutrition science.
The NASN was established in 1996 as an independent association in order to prepare health professionals for successful sports nutrition counseling.
1. Establishing proficiency in current biochemical and physiological scientific knowledge.
2. Satisfactory application of these principles for the promotion of optimal health, human performance and body composition.
3. Developing community awareness of this profession.
National Association of Sports Nutrition Board exam
The NASN Board of Trustees is an administratively independent body established in order to examine and License in Human Sports Nutrition. The NASN is an outgrowth of twenty five years work to provide standards for and implement a three-fold program of licensing:
– First, a quality examination was created and validated to appropriately represent the field of Sports Nutrition.
– Second, a national license is provided for sports nutritionists by successful completion of the Primary Sports Nutrition Examination. This License enables a licensed Sports Nutritionist to access the entire scope of sports nutrition practice.
– Third, a mechanism for licenses renewal annually, thus providing assurance of continued competency in the field.
In order to attain Licensure as a Primary Sports Nutritionist, a Candidate must:
1. Satisfy the CORE Requirements (include all that apply)
a. Be sure to include a certified copy (transcripts or grades) of all college science courses taken and currently enrolled.
b. Show proof of current Health Professional Certification. Include references stating years experience as a certified health professional directly involved in nutritional counseling, health promotion or healthcare. This includes all regulated health disciplines, such as certified holistic health practitioners, certified personal trainers and certified fitness instructors.
2. Attend the NASN Examination Board Exam.
Due the current demographics of your area, your mandatory requirements of 20 hours exam review have been waived. Below you will find the official NASN Board exam preparation guide. It is the main study guide for your primary board exam. Along with the video lessons, these are the main study tools for passing your NASN Board exam.
The flexibility of the distance learning format makes the NASN ideal for candidates who do not live close to the association’s established locations. By being able to arrange your own study schedule, you will be able to become licensed sooner, entering into your sports nutrition practice at your own pace. Be sure to download the Primary Exam Preparation Course guide to reference and take notes during the video lessons.
Video Lesson 1 is free to view as a sample of what is to come in the rest of this course.